Monday, December 21, 2009

My First Greyhound Bus

Two long nights, thirty-five hours, and three bus transfers later, I am finally home. I was pickpocketed, but only lost $2. The occasional bathroom was unbearably filthy, but it was the exception, not the rule. I was not felt up or harassed, which makes this a good trip in my books.


On the plus side, I got to meet a mechanical engineering student from India who was finishing up his first semester at North Dakota State University, and see the best behaved little one-year-old in my life.


Although the bus hit some ice under an overpass and nearly toppled into the ditch, our driver's twenty years of experience kept us from harm. The vast majority of our drivers were witty and kind, and tried to make our bus trips as enjoyable as possible, despite their long hours.

Overall, this was a great trip.

No comments: