Friday, June 25, 2010

My Tooth ith Looth!

I hate loose teeth. The wiggling, the wobbling...every bit of it. The sight of the blood, and children constantly yanking at their twisting tooth. When a child wants me to watch them twist their tooth 180 degrees---it's all I can do not to run away.


Unfortunately, as anyone who has ever worked with a line pushing third grader knows, the last thing you want to do is let on that you don't like loose teeth. All of a sudden, your whole day centers around them. Wiggling teeth pop up (or out) left and right. So you have to soldier on, pretending that you're amazed by these recalcitrant teeth. You have to ooh and ah when a tooth nearly pops out, and field requests to pull teeth ("Well, I'd love to, but don't you think your mother should pull that tooth?").

Just one of the many job hazards intrinsic to education.

No comments: