Sunday, May 31, 2009

Classics Reading Challenge

Well, I'm still on track for the Classics Reading Challenge, having read The Hound of the Baskervilles (a Sherlock Holmes mystery) this month. However, I am making virtually no progress on the Love Bites Reading Challenge. I just know that as soon as I begin reading Stephanie Meyer's books, I won't be able to stop. I should probably wait until I finish my American Literature course and my job search before I finish this challenge.

I have a nice stack of TBR books. I have Frankenstein for the Classics Challenge, and Reading Lolita in Tehran for a modern day classics book. I also want to read A Study in Scarlet before I need to return this Sherlock Holmes' volume to the library. I need to finish Life of a Slave by Frederick Douglass for both my American Literature course and the Classics Challenge.

I read nineteen books this month, which is about average for the end of May. I have a sudden wealth of free time, and what better way to use it than to read?

I tend to read to excess this time of year anyway due to stress. Whenever I start to get anxious, I read. Between my college graduation and the beginnings of a job search, things have been a little stressful. This is my refuge.

No comments: