Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gilmore Girls and The Office

I recently received the third season of The Office for my birthday. This is definitely a crazy series. It's a little like Dilbert for the TV. There is the same unqualified, tactless boss, identically zany coworkers, and individuals just trying to stay sane in a crazy work environment. It's a fun series.

Gilmore Girls is the story of Lorelei and Rory Gilmore, a mother and her daughter who live in the very odd small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Lorelei had Rory when she was 16. Her conservative, wealthy parents were shocked, and insisted that she get married to Christopher, the father. Lorelei refused, and moved out. She supported Rory and herself by working in an inn, which she eventually grew to manage. This is a very funny, witty series with a lot of pop culture references.

I usually prefer reading and working on the computer to watching television. The constant commercials annoy me. This makes entire seasons on DVDs a great option. I rent them from the local public library, or ask for copies from eBay for my birthday or Christmas. I can watch as much or as little as I want, without the annoyance of commercial interruption. I can put them on while I'm working in the living room, or watch them during study breaks. The option to pause the show when my interest shifts is great. With my ADD, the ability to shift between bursts of studying and periods of DVD watching is nice.

What do you watch?

No comments: