Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Accepted!

Despite my crazy, seven segment video interview, I have received provisional acceptance for an AmeriCorps Early Childhood Education position! This is contingent on passing a background check, a tuberculosis screening, and a medical exam to make sure that I am "physically and mentally whole."

Lucky them, they have to do a background check for three states and Guatemala. When did life get so complicated?

Now the tuberculosis screening makes sense. I never would have considered that it would even be an issue before I spent some time in Central America. It's actually a miracle more of my study abroad group didn't get sick---we only had one case of the German measles, and another case of mono. The bedbugs and fleas, however, were a whole other issue.

Now I just have to pass that great medical exam! I wonder what think about depression?

No comments: