Friday, October 1, 2010

Yard Sale Madness!

Yesterday was a busy day. I have a cold, so I didn't actually get up and moving until 11. However, I made the next four hours really count: I hit the pharmacy to pick up two prescriptions and submit another one to be filled, got a library card (and 17 books), found a lovely, cheap bookcase at a local garage sale, and hit the grocery store.

I love the local Baptist garage sale. I got a small, two shelf bookcase for $2.50, a dozen children's books for a lending library at my Head Start for $2, and two purses for imaginative play at my center, as well. The grand total? $6.25.

I then headed over to the library for some frugal book perusal. Unfortunately, I live just over the county line, so my nearest in county library is a half hour away from anywhere I could possible find myself. Therefore I splurged and got a $60, out-of-county library card. Given that I visit the library at least once a week, I figure this will work out better economically (and environmentally) than driving 30 minutes out of my way every week.

What did you do with your Saturday?

No comments: