Sunday, April 19, 2009

Book Challenges

I have spent way too much of the time I should have put into my American Lit essays looking up book challenges. There are just so many interesting challenges out there---there's the Love Bites Reading Challenge (which entails reading the entire Twilight series), the Decade Challenge (where you read books from nine consecutive decades), the Juvenile Literature Challenge (which is a good one for me right now, as I work in a school with young readers), and even more.

Right now I'm trying to read one classic a month. So far I've read Like Water for Chocolate, Rip Van Winkle, and Murder on the Orient Express. This month I'm reading Uncle Tom's Cabin. Most of these aren't traditional classics by any means, but they are closest I'm going to get until my crazy school schedule clears up.

Check out these blogs for some more reading challenges:
The Reading Challenges
Lynda's Book Blog
1 More Chapter

No comments: