Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Strep Throat

I just got back from an overnight babysitting job for two kids with strep throat. It wasn't until about midnight that I learned that one of the boys not only talks in his sleep, but also sits up and yells. Let me tell you, was I ever in that room fast.

We made pasta salad, ate a lot of fruit, and played with legos. It was a very low key day, which was good since the family's dog burst into my room repeatedly in the middle of the night and hopped up on my bed, tail wagging happily. Now, this is okay if it were, say, a poodle. However, an enormous lab is a whole different matter. Every time, I woke with a start, trying to figure out what in the world was going on. Each time, I wound up face to face with a huge dog. Not my choice of a wake-up call, but whatever works.

I am going to sleep well tonight.

No comments: