Monday, April 12, 2010

I Have Mastered the Copy Machine!

Today I mastered the copy machine. I can now copy double-sided, collated documents, and have them stapled, all in one fell swoop! I am a master!

On the downside, this now means that my supervisor will expect all of my handouts to be double-sided and collated, "to save paper." Oops!

I love the Book Bazaar on Paperback Swap. I got half a dozen elementary school books for two credits---and these aren't picture books. My students are going to love this! I'm always trying to collect sets of books so that we can stray from the "A Mop for Pop" and short story readers. They're just so dull! I figure that if I, as a teacher with a long attention span, can't suffer through the material, it isn't fair to subject the kids to it. There are so many great books out there, waiting to be read!

So we read "My Father's Dragon," a few Magic Treehouse books, and a ton of "Amelia Bedelia." Sprinkle in some funny school poems, and life is no longer so dull.

What was your favorite book as a child?

No comments: