Sunday, January 31, 2010

Frugal Fixes

Looking for a cheap fix for my torn jeans, I hit Wal-mart last night for some iron-on patches. I'm hoping they'll work on the interior of the jeans, and not look too funny. Exterior patching is definitely not an option for work!

While I was there, I stocked up on a few staples---soy sauce, whole wheat bread, and a four pound bag of oranges. I've got to beat this cold, so I'm really laying on the vitamin C.

My car is fixed, and I'm only $113 poorer. Rather than having them run a test on the battery and alternator (which would have run about $100), I had them simply replace our old battery. Given that it had over 200,000 miles on it, a new one was definitely not out of the question. A new battery ($75) and an oil change ($30) later, and my car was back in business! I had to pay for the repair four different ways (with two Wal-mart gift cards, one cell phone rebate debit card, and a credit card), but the cashier didn't look at me too strangely. Ah, to be on a budget.

No comments: