Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm Free!

I need to work on actually being contact-able. Yet somehow I feel so much less shackled when the cell phone is on vibrate, tucked away in my purse in case of emergency and nothing else. When the only way of really getting ahold of me is to e-mail (meaning you only do it if it is really important). Maybe I'm antisocial. Who knows?

I hate being buzzed. I loath knowing that my peace can be interrupted at any moment for frivolities. I want to feel free.

Unfortunately, this means that every time I open my cell phone, I am bombarded by up to a dozen messages (including some text messages from an unknown stranger). Not only is this aggravating, but it starts to counteract my peaceful feelings. Somehow a compromise is in order.
Any suggestions?

No comments: