Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sinus Infection, Double Ear Infection, Bronchitis: Will It Ever End?

This has been a long two months. There hasn't been a single day when I've felt completely well. It started with bronchitis and an ear infection in November (the worst cough I have ever had in my life), and then mutated into a sinus infection and a double ear infection in December. Given how crazy sick I've been for this long, I desperately want to get a swine flu vaccine---but they don't give those to sick people!

I'm on my last two days of antibiotics, and my fever's raging and my ear's hurting again. I've tried the sleep it off cure (I took Thursday off and slept all day, and didn't get out of bed until 3 p.m. today), but it's not working. I've been pounding the fluids, which helps a little. I wish I had a microwave for some heat packs---my landlady is avidly anti-microwave. Maybe I'll buy one at the thrift store and hide it in my room!

No comments: