Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Food Stamps

I spent my lovely day off renewing my food stamp application. This was a much less tedious process than the actual initial application---it only took two hours instead of four. The women who handled my application was very nice and informative.

Things I learned? I am now a permanent resident of Washington (I lived here for more than three months). I was able to register to vote, and will be receiving absentee ballots at my mailbox. This is really convenient, and it makes it impossible for me to forget to vote.

Fleeing felons aren't prosecuted by the food stamps office---they're just denied benefits. Yes, I asked. No police are called or accusations made. You're just denied any food stamps you might have received.

Not too shabby for an early morning.

No comments: