Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alaska Interview

I just finished my follow-up interview with a domestic violence shelter in Juneau, Alaska. It only lasted about fifteen minutes. I can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

They should let me know by the end of the week whether I have the position or not. They have one other applicant to interview. Since China is waiting for an answer, I hope to learn more soon.

I would be working with children, which should be fun. I'm sure it will be stressful, especially given the children's history of abuse. However, I enjoy challenging work, and I love knowing that I'm making a difference. That's one of the reasons I'm debating about China. Teaching really rich people just isn't very rewarding, particularly in a high poverty area.

This should be an interesting week, career-wise.

No comments: