Thursday, August 27, 2009

Frankenstein and Early Start Dates

I just finished Frankenstein! A great book, if I may say so myself. However, a very tedious beginning and a somewhat pedantically told tale at times. The intriguing plot makes it all worth it at the end, though.

My start date just got moved up another day. I guess I won't get to see my dad before I leave, after all. I understand that I really need to leave enough time to get there without rushing too much, or driving fifteen hour days without time to eat or rest. I was just really counting on that last day.

It's a really good thing that I'm taking a vehicle. I could never get this all on a bus or train. I counted three big boxes, one small one (filled with shoes, of all things), a suitcase, and two backpacks. I'm sure there'll be more. Who knew I had this much stuff?!? Granted, it is for almost a year, but still.

Happy trails!

No comments: