Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Reading Challenges

Today was the library's book sale, and I picked up a ton of books for Paperback Swap.

I'm currently listening to Frankenstein as a book on tape for the Classics Reading Challenge. It is perfect for my commute to work (about half an hour each way). It's a very gripping book.

I just finished Artemis Fowl: the Time Paradox for the Juvenile Literature Reading Challenge. I have now completed all of the Artemis Fowl books. I also read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. This is a very popular book up here with the elementary school aged kids. It's not a half bad book.

I read Ray Bradbury's Somewhere a Band is Playing for last month's Classics book. This was a strange, strange book---a little like Hotel California in it's theme (you can enter, but you can never leave). I have to admit, I liked Farenheit 941 a whole lot more.

I did Marley and Me as a fun read. The ending is so sad! The rest of the novel just had me laughing and laughing. I'm glad my lab isn't that crazy. Hyper and attention hungry, yes; crazily destructive, no.

What are you reading now?

No comments: