Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Human Guinea Pig

Apparently, I am a guinea pig. Or so my therapist tells me, when prescribing a new drug, that hasn't officially been approved for ADD (it has been FDA approved for the treatment of narcolepsy, however). Somehow, these are just not the words you want to hear out of your psychiatrist's mouth.

It's only the sixth day of summer, and already I am at a loss of what to do with myself. I am applying for a job at Walmart, if only to get out of the house for awhile. I'm not used to being back at home. For almost eight whole months, I was two countries away. There was no one observing my sleeping and eating habits. It was liberating. I'm just trying to enjoy the family time while I save up for my international plane ticket to get to an English as a Foreign Language job in Asia.

I'm getting a ton of reading done. I've read about a book a day so far this month. I'm also proofreading at Project Gutenberg. How are you staying busy this summer?

No comments: