Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Let's Talk"

I can't handle it anymore. Whenever I think I'm finally okay again, suddenly I'm ambushed with a "Alex, let's talk," and the whole abuse issue is brought up all over again. I understand that my mom feels like she needs to take action. I'm glad she is not taking the police's reluctance to prosecute this man lying down. I just need to move on. I can't keep wondering when suddenly all the effort I've put into moving on will be undone by my mom's need for justice. I just can't see it happening. I reported "Sam's" behavior years ago. The police did nothing. They didn't even put the fact that someone accused him of abuse on his record. I tried. Now I want to move on.

I'm not saying that what he did was right, or that it should go unpunished. It's just that it feels more like self-punishment to keep bringing the issue up. Maybe it's a sign that old wounds haven't healed. Who knows. I just want to get on with my life.

No comments: