Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Late Nights

After two nights of staying up until 4 a.m., I am beat. I love hanging out with my cousins, but I just can't hack these late nights. My cousin has insomnia, so he just keeps going and going. It's like living with the Energizer Bunny!

It's been a great few nights, though. Even though we only see each other once a year, if that, it's like no time has passed at all. We're soon talking about work and life and love, and everything in between. Best of all, we laugh. My cousins can make me laugh like no one else can. Even hard subjects become funny. It is a rare person who can make a panic attack or getting shot at funny. When you meet one of those people, hold on and never let go. They are a rare breed.

Life is more manageable after a weekend with my cousins. Even though I haven't had a good eight hours of sleep in days, I'm ready to hit the job search running again, and finish off the rest of my American Lit course.

No comments: