Saturday, June 27, 2009

Teaching Opportunities in China and Mongolia

I just got a reply from an English as a Second Language employment agency. They found a few opening in China and inner Mongolia that I can interview for. I have to say, I am a little nervous.

I haven't really participated in a formal interview before. My job interview at the academy in Guatemala was very easy. I just had a short meeting with the manager, and discussed my prior ESL experience. I then got to participate in a staff meeting, and I began formal training the next day. Since the academy had a very specific method of instruction, I didn't need any experience putting lessons together. Some academies have you demonstrate a sample lesson. Here, obedience to the system was better.

I'm not sure what to expect from the interview process with this agency. I already sent in my resume, so they know about my prior experience teaching English.

I'm really excited about possibly teaching in China, but I'm also terrified. I know only ten works in Chinese (hello, how are you, thank you, bathroom, an insult, and goodbye.) I think I have a little studying to do.

No comments: